re: a goldfish question

< Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:53:47 -0400
< From: kelly <apples at midohio_net>
< Subject: a goldfish question
<
< Hi all,
<
< Off the plant topic--sort of--my son won 3 goldfish at the county fair.
< I decided to put them in my 10 gallon *extra* tank.  It has a male
< betta, 2 ottos and assorted extra plants and cuttings from my 120 gallon
< tank.  Anyways...,I  really don't want these guys, but don't have the
< heart to get rid of them as I'm sure they had a rough life until now ;)
< I know gold fish are fairly hardy, but do I need to buy special food for
< them? Water temp? can the betta get along  w/them--he appears pretty put
< out right now--lol.  and my plants...will they eat them? They have been
< eating some algae...
<
< Thanks, Kelly

Kelly-

	You have one big problem-bettas like a temperature of 78-82
degrees while your goldfish would probably prefer it closer to 60.

       Gerry Skau

       He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.
       -Oscar Wilde