Subject: re: CO2 phase term

	Jeff, Charles,

	The term is "sublimate".  It took me less than 1 minute to verify
this with a dictionary.

	I did not want to appear sublime in my response but there is an
increasing tendency for uninformed responses on this list.  I watched a list
with good potential fizzle away some time ago because just this kind of
banter.   If you don't know what you're talking about spare the bandwidth
for someone who does.

	Lyndle Schenck

	Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 16:26:18 EDT
	From: ChuckW7160 at aol_com

	Jeff-

	I believe the term you are looking for is sublime.  If i'm
remembering right
	when a substance goes directly from solid to gas, or gas to solid
skiping the
	liquid state it is said to sublime. can't exactly call the act of
dry ice
	going straight to gas melting :) that would imply a liquid state. as
far as
	CO2 being liquid or vapor in a compressed cylender.. the person to
ask would
	be Grant Cockshott, he sells the stuff he should know :)

	charles