[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

re: CO2 phase term


I believe the term you are looking for is sublime.  If i'm remembering right 
when a substance goes directly from solid to gas, or gas to solid skiping the 
liquid state it is said to sublime. can't exactly call the act of dry ice 
going straight to gas melting :) that would imply a liquid state. as far as 
CO2 being liquid or vapor in a compressed cylender.. the person to ask would 
be Grant Cockshott, he sells the stuff he should know :)