Re:New tank

Alfred writes:

> I am going to set up a planted 6x2x2 next week and I just want your opinion
>  about how many fish I should put in to cycle it.  I will probably use
zebra
>  danios, some ottos and maybe some cherry barbs that I have.

Heavily planted, some tanks never cycle.  They don't establish enough
bacteria in their filters to do it because the plants metabolize the ammonia.

I suggest you start it just like any other new tank.  If it cycles at all,
you will be safe.  The number and size of fish for cycling a tank is a rather
subjective thing, and every tank is just enough different enough from every
other tank that no rules can be set in stone on this thing.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com