Surface scum solution. Maybe.

Hi there

	I don't know what exactly is going on with  your tank but it sounds
like organics are accumulating on the surface of your water similar to what
was happening to my tank, although not quite as bad. A few weeks ago I
decided to do something about the surface scum and the accumliation of
stuff on the surface of my planted tank. I did this by making a fiddleless
surface skimmer. This is not like the skimmers in a saltwater setup but a
device that takes its water from the surface only leaving the surface
clean. As the water level drops due to evaporation the skimmer also drops
its level. I posted my plans for one of these fiddleless skimmers at
http://www.vaxxine.com/martinhouse . My skimmer has been in operation for
about 3 weeks now and I have yet to fiddle with it. Give it a try. It is a
very easy project to build and bennificial for your tank. If you have any
questions about this design  I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Wayne Martin
wamart at vaxxine_com