Re: FW Reefs/Kansas

>Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 09:49:32 -0800
>From: "Thomas Barr" <tcbiii at pacbell_net>

>But if you live in Kansas, evolution is only a theory now and is taught
>along with Biblical Creationism so perhaps I'm wrong to say this since the
>world is only 6000 thousand years old and Adam and Eve are the master race
>from which the rest of us came from<g>. Yeah, right. Let me finish drinking
>that tall can of stupid (burp!).

I think someone replaced your can of stupid with a can of misinformed.

Evolution always has been, 'only a theory', hasn't it? Isn't that the
grounds that the creationists used to have it removed? They claim that we
shouldn't be teaching a theory as if it's a fact.

*BUT* the creationists didn't get the school boards to teach creationism
along with evolution (though they've tried before). What they succeeded in
doing is simply removing the requirement to teach evolution. That doesn't
mean it can't be taught, just that there won't be any questions on the
subject on state-wide exams.

In any case, I wouldn't want to be a Kansas high school student trying to
get into a biology program anywhere else ;-)

oh,
This decision will probably still be appealed and if the appeal fails it
will then be a matter of rewriting the science/biology state-level tests.

*The opinions expressed herein are my own and are not necessarily
representative of the policies or opinions of my employer.*

Shannon Wheeler
Data & Comm. Tech
Clearwater Welding & Fabricating Ltd
Fort McMurray, AB

Excellent site (for believers/non-believers/students/historians/curious
alike):
http://www.religioustolerance.org/welcome.htm