Re: Phosphate test kit

From my observation there 'laminated' chart is of the same material that
the dry tabs are made from.

There laminated color chart also varies from the box in colors.  Perhaps
it's the material?

I have never received a 0ppm even from distilled water (label stated 0ppm
on phosphates) DI water, tap water or water from 4 aquariums.  I called
red sea on this findings and they assured me there kits was 99% accurate
but yet they could not tell me what agents, if any, would cause false
readings.

After telling them that I failed to receive a 0ppm reading they tested the
kit from there tap water and there aquarium.  there tap water was
something like 0.2ppm (what I find that it tells on everything, even if
20-20-20 fertilizer is diluted into the test) and there aquarium was over
3.0 ppm.

From there replys to my questions I will be finding a different comany for
test kits (like lamotte, am convinced there's no question they can't
answer on there kits)

Ed

>From: "Rubin, Michael" <mrubin at visa_com>
>Subject: Phosphate test kit
>
>> Has anyone here used the red sea phosphate test kit?  If so what was
>>the results (like/dislike) of this kit.  I recently purchased one and
>>find that it give grossly inaccurate readings.
>
>I found the Red Sea Phosphate Test kit to be well-designed and easy to
>use.
>The directions are graphic and almost impossible to misinterpret, and the
>color chart is laminated (why don't more companies do this?).  Reading
>the
>color chart is simple - different values of phosphate produce different
>colors (like a Tetra pH kit), not different shades or intensities of the
>same color.

On the negative side, I found the kit to be consistently inaccurate,
though
not grossly so.  It always seemed to be about 0.05ppm high (I never got a
0
reading) when compared to the results of a Hach test kit.