RE:Rooty plant stems

Ray wrote:
I do not know whether there is a problem or it is just my preference. The
problem to me is that my Hygrophilia & Ludwigia are sprouting roots all the
way up there stems. I really do not like the look. Is there possiblity
(probably) something that I am doing wrong. Please give me suggestions on
what to do to get this unsightly condition under control. Any thoughts on
what is should check?<<

I think this is pretty common on many stem plants. When I have added some
extra fertilizer in the substrate around the plants, this has diminished
the visible roots somewhat, and if the lower stems arent too crowded
together or too shaded, I retain more of the lower leaves, but I have never
been able to totally get rid of the hanging roots...

Robert Paul  H
http://www.aquabotanic.com
"Lots of good info and  plants for sale"
winner of the StudyWeb Academic Excellence Award

Read Ivo Buskos light comparison
http://www.aquabotanic.com/lightcompare.htm

Support the boycott of aquababies!
http://www.rk2000.com/boycott/aquababies.html