Re: laminate floors in a fish room

Hi Scott

Any laminate flooring is a major no no in any fish room, unless you can
guarantee that you will NEVER get it wet!!!  The problem with this type of
floor, even though it looks great is that long term exposure to moisture
will make it expand and the individual pieces will curl.  It is waterproof
only when properly laid, and only for a short period.  Once you start
walking on it or when the temp in the room changes, the pieces expand or
contract and the joints separate.   You don't see the separation, because
it's just a hair line, but enough for moisture to get in.

I did my whole house with it.  Would I do it again?  No.

Oh yes, it is also a noisy floor.  Go to the showroom and drop a quarter on
it and you will know what I mean.

Fish room floor?  Homogenous tiles.  Non slip easy to clean and dry, but
cold to touch!

JMHO

Alfred