Ultraviolet Filters

Hi,
after putting 2 altum angelfish in my planted tank, they and my other
angelfish in the tank came down with some kind of diseases.it looks like
some kind of white slime on their body and eyes and their fins are all
raged.i tired using Aquari-sol for a few days but it was getting worse so
today i switch to using Ampicillex hopefully that will work.
i am thinking of adding a Ultraviolet Sterilization Filter to my tank what
i am wondering is will it cause problems in a planted tank. dose anybody
have anything good or bad to say about  Ultraviolet filters. and if they
are good to use can anyone recommend a good one.

Randy