Re: Perfecto SHOlights

< Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 17:18:37 -0500
< From: Randy <Randy at interaccess_com>
< Subject: Perfecto SHOlights
<
< I am going to get a Perfecto high output light but i am unsure witch bulb
< to get with it.
< they have 5400K, 6700K and Antinic bulbs. witch one is best for a fresh
< water planted tank or is it better to mix the bulbs.
< Thanks...
<
< Randy

I prefer the 6700K bulbs. Their light output seems closest to natural sunlight.

IMHO, the 5400K bulbs are too yellow. To see what I mean, the Perfecto SHO lights
advertised in the magazines seems to be using these yellowish 5400K bulbs. Also, the
"Antinic" are too blue and have too narrow of a color spectrum for use in a planted
tank. (Unless you mix the bulbs...)

Ron Wozniak  Allentown PA, USA
rjwozniak at lucent_com
AGA member