Re: wood

>I'd never thought of using a large trash can and a bleach solution.  I can
>keep the trash can for storing /ageing water after that I guess.

Instead of a large trash can... why not just a trash bag. They will hold
water... .and you can use much less water. Remove the air and a small
amount of water will completely cover the wood. And you could get a bigger
piece in the bag than the can.

I can never understand why people are so hung up on storing water. I have
been changing water for 20 years and never aged a drop. Put it in directly
from the tap, squirt the chloramine remove in, and ta da!!  In the
pre-cloramine days, i didn't even use chlorine remover if the water change
was 25% or less.

--Neil