Re: Tank Backgrounds

Dwight writes:

> What is the effect of black glass or backdrop, I had never seen one, and
this
> morning for
>  the first time I saw one in the shop.....

It hides the wires and filters and stuff hanging off the back of the tank,
and I find it esthetically pleasing.  It tends to give a more substantial
definition to the dimensions of the tank, and sort of looks like the bank of
the river/lake.

Also, in a recent survey reported in the fish version of US magazine, 73% of
fish agreed that they felt more secure, becuase they only had to worry about
predators from one direction when the other direction was a visibly solid
wall. :-)

Bob Dixon