Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1241

> I can't imagine keeping it that high. At anything over 0.2 mg/l I start
> growing thread algae all over. Since I am too lazy to get out the test tube
> brush and go "algae twirling", I stay at around 0.1 mg/l.
>
> Jon Wilson

How long does it take? In five days an anubias leaf that was butter
yellow is now pea green. With macrophyte changes this fast I can't
believe I wouldn't be seeing an algae bloom If I was going to get one.
Of course I'm not an advocate of the high light levels commonly used on
this list and reccomended by SOME authorities. For example this 15 gal
has one Chroma 50 20 watt. for 14 hours a day.