Re: Profile as a Substrate

I use pure Profile in the substrate - no additives or anything
else mixed in.  Once I tried adding far too many Jobes sticks
under 3 inches of Profile (about 12 sticks in a 30 gallon
tank, silly me), and wound up with measurable phosphates in the water
(usually undetectable in other tanks) and a blue-green algae bloom.
The tank with the pure Profile has been set up for around 9 months.
-Heide