lowering pH with acids

Many people have mentioned using either sulphuric or hydrochloric acids to
lower their pH; Bob Dixon I believe uses one of these methods.??
I would like some info from anyone with experience with this.
I know that an acid needs to be added to a soln not the other way around and
that it should be added to the exchange water not the tank water.  what
types of storage containers are necessary?  I currently use 1 gallon milk
jugs stored in a closet for a week between changes.
the advantage of small tanks:-)
any advice or experiences would be welcome.
feel free to email me offline if you feel it is more appropriate.
TIA
Joe Anderson

For a More Relaxed and Economical Approach to Fish Keeping,
Visit the Newly Remodeled Joe’s Aquatic Lounge at
"http://members.tripod.com/~SubmarinR/"
Now with more Images and More Detailed Information!