Re: APD V3 #1221 Large tank problems

In a message dated 8/18/99 2:52:58 PM Central Daylight Time,

> CO2 is done by a 5 lb bottle, DIY bubble counter.  Originally, the diffusor
> was one of our AquaClear 500s but the noise of the bubbles hitting the
impeller
> became distracting.  Now we use a Lee's wooden diffusor which will,
> apparantly,
> have to be replaced periodically.  Because the tank is so long, I've been
> thinking of splitting the CO2 line and having two diffusors to hopefully
> distribute the CO2 more evenly through the tank (don't know if this is
> necessary, though).  Also, I'm thinking of splitting it again to have a
third
> line that can
> be added temporarily (turned on the night before) to the water storage tank
> to match the pH of the main tank during water changes.

You probably already know this, but you will need to T the line *before*
whatever you are using for a flow restrictior (like a needle valve) or all
the CO2 will just go out the one line that has the least back pressure.  So
you need a needle valve or equivalent for each outlet.

regards, bob