Re: Amazon

In a message dated 8/18/99 2:51:37 AM Central Daylight Time,

<< Anyways, enough rambling.  I am mostly interested in observing the fish in
 there native enviroment, taking water samples, looking for orchids,
 aquatic plants (don't mind collecting them under the right conditions) and
 to snorkel with the piranha.

As far as looking for Orchids and collecting them, avoid this at all cost,
leave them in nature. Buy them in a nursery down there, you will be doing the
environment and yourself a good deed.

I have heard of people being detained and also arrested for taking wild stock
of anything in Brazil. Some of these collectors had all the proper paperwork.
 They had all their goods confiscated and had to pay a $5000 fine.

If you want to bring anything back check on how first and hook up with an
exporter down there that will help you out.

Regards,

John