Re: Ick Medication - FWP

Some plants are intollerant to salt. The active ingredient in FWP (Fresh
Water Parasite) is Cyan Pepper. The addition of FWP combined with a
temperature increase causes the Ick parasite to dislodge itself from it's
host. When this occurs a Diatom Filter will trap the water borne parasite.

Another advantage in using this medication is there is no need for activated
carbon/charcoal when treatment is completed. The remnants of FWP will have
no adverse effect on plants. Reports have not been returned as of yet as to
their effectiveness, if any, as a supplemental fertilizer so I cannot
comment on this possible benefit. :(  To anyone who volunteered for this
testing, please let me know your thoughts and observations. Thanks!!

Tom Bates
Allentown, PA

>Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 05:41:47 -0700 (PDT)
>From: pete rose <bfordyce at yahoo_com>
>Subject: [none]
>
>But Dinyar,
>Doesn't salt do the same thing as the medicine you mentioned (cause the
>fish to make
>a thicker slime coat and fight disease)?
>
>=== original post ==========
>
>Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:09:15 -0400
>From: "Dinyar Lalkaka" <lalkaka at concentric_net>
>Subject: Ich in planted tanks