Re: Hornwort mess!

The usual malachite green + formaldehyde ich medications
(Rid-Ich, etc.) kill hornwort.  I've never tried one without the
other, so I don't know whether it is the malachite green or the
formalin.  Whatever it is, though, I recommend removing
hornwort from your tank when you treat for ich.  (And then
leave it out!  Nothing makes a tank look worse than a big mat
of floating hornwort.  Trust me.  I have a big mat of floating
hornwort in my tank right now, because I can't bear to let the
molly babies be devoured.)

David Ozenne
Fremont, CA