Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1205

Edison C. Yap asked...

>I would like to know what is the best way of propagating Anubias?  Are they
>separated cutting their rhizome?  Are they better to be planted in gravel,
>sand or soil?

Hydroponically in bright light. Of course if one doesn't want to grow
them emersed, they do very well attached to driftwood in bright light
with CO2 addition. One divides them by slicing the rhizome with a razor
blade. Submersed one Anubias bartieri var. nana went from ten to two
hundred leaves in about two years under these conditions.

--
Dave Whittaker
Gloucester, Ontario