Hornwort mess!

I don't know if it was caused by low light levels, or a small amount
of salt I added to my tank, or the ICH medicine that I used, but much
of my hornwort is turning brown, and losing it's "needles".  It reminds
me of the mess a live christmas tree makes if you keep it too long.  I've
got hornwort needles everywhere in the tank, dispite several cleanings.

Any guesses on what the cause would be?  The brown parts feel brittle
and dried out (if that's possible under water!)

--
Chuck Gadd