Re: Metal Halide bulb flickering

Andrew.Claxton at CAN_XEROX.com sez:
> I have a 175 watt metal halide bulb that will stay on for a couple hours -
>  flicker for a minute - then go off, then come back on about 20 minutes
later
>  and repeat the pattern.  Since I only have the one light I can't trouble
>  shoot with another ballast or socket.  Has anyone had this problem?

This sounds like the normal end-of-life for a flourescent lamp, and MH is
much the same technology.  How old is the lamp?  Is it a "normal" MH lamp, or
something exotic that may require a higher voltage?  What kind of ballast are
you using?  You might want to repost your question along with this additional
information in the sci.engr.lighting newsgroup.

Best regards,
bob