Re: Metal Halide bulb flickering

> Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 11:53:55 -0400
> From: "Claxton, Andrew" <Andrew.Claxton at CAN_XEROX.com>
> Subject: Metal Halide bulb flickering
>
> I have a 175 watt metal halide bulb that will stay on for a couple hours -
> flicker for a minute - then go off, then come back on about 20 minutes later
> and repeat the pattern.  Since I only have the one light I can't trouble
> shoot with another ballast or socket.  Has anyone had this problem?

Heck Andrew, I'm willing to make a wager that you could get someone to
buy this selling it's feature as "imitates scattered thundershowers".

I don't know anything about MH, but surely this is a ballast problem.
MH don't flicker like worn-out florescents, do they?  I thought they
just burn out like regular incandescence.

--

Kelly Beard, Cat IV (on sabbatical)
President, Allanti Cycling Club