Halogen lights

Ok,  I need some advice...

I have a 20 gallon tank that I am wanting to plant.  I noticed that the
original hood has a single 18" 15 watt bulb.  I am wanting to find
something that will provide 2-3 watts per gallon.

I have seen a Halogen strip light used for accent lighting that is rated
at 75 watts (3 - 25 watt bulbs).  Would this be sufficient?  Are there
any concerns about using Halogen lights versus Florescent or regular
Incandescent.

I have send the new SHO-light hoods by Perfecto that have a single 55
watt bulb but they are approximately 3x as much.

Thanks in advance,

Andy Goss