RE: Flag fish

>I understand that several people are using Flagfish to control filamentous
>algae.
>Do they need harder water to live and breed?
>How do Flagfish do in soft water, pH 6.5 to 7.0?
>Are they voracious egg eaters?

My experience with Flag fish is that they would eat the new, delicate growth
of my Rotala. I caught them one night stripping the new leaf growth leaving
the stringy veins dangling. I would not use them in a planted tank!
Just my $.02
Bob Buettner
In hot and dry Northwest Connecticut
Visit one of the best freshwater links pages on the net!:
http://w3.nai.net/~luna/Fishpics/Fishlinks.html