Re: Floating Stem Plants

<<Also my brother in law is being driven crazy by the tendency for his stem
plants to free themselves from the substrate and flaot to the surface.
Will they stop doing this after a week or two of striking roots, or is this
a constant problem with a solution we don't know about?>>

Get a pair of large stainless steel tweezers.  Mine are about ten inches long.
 Grab the end of the stem and push it about 2 inches into the substrate.  Some
people strip the leaves off the planted end.  I don't.  I usually plant 2 or 3
stems together.  They never come up and root very quickly.  They trick is to
plant them deep.

William Cwirla
Hacienda Heights, CA