Re: amano shrimp questions

I keep about 10 of these shrimps in my discus tank (at 2 bucks each, that's
$20-- 20 Whoppers!) and imo these things aren't all that great if you feed
your fish heavily. They just hang around and have a good time and wait for
tetra bits which i bet taste better than algae.

pH 7.5
very hard
female shrimps seem to always carry eggs (have not seen any little shrimps
yet, what's the correct term these guys anyway?)

Rich D'Ottavio mentions he lost a few amano shrimps. Rich, you mentioned
that your pH is 4.5, and at that scale, I would have to guess your water is
really, really soft as well. Although I have never tried amano in soft
acidic water, i have lost a ghost shrimp or three from some of my
"experiments" in such conditions; I then concluded crustacens don't do well
in soft acidic.

Smiles,
Toan

San Diego