Fertilizer & water current question from the newbie

Hi,

O.K., I have my new Java Fern anchored in the marbles (remember me- the one
with the un-plant friendly tanks?) and the Anubias Nana and Java Moss is due
in to the LFS any day now. I now have 2 questions:

1. Should I use fertilizer? As I said, there is no gravel or sub strata - just
the marbles, so I assume I would have to use something that goes right in the
water. Should I do this and if so, what is a good brand name and/or product?

2. Water flow - I currently have one of those Air Curtains that hooks up to
your air pump and creates a wall of bubbles. It looks nice. However, I recall
something about live plants not liking much water movement ... something about
CO2 (remember, I'm very new to live plants!)

Any and all help will be VERY appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Marc