Power Compacts - general help/advise needed

Would a lighting `guru` point me in the right direction with Power Compacts.

What I am really looking for is a Power Compact setup to rival/beat a single
175 Watt MH 5500K setup. In the UK we don`t really use MH OR Power Compacts
(boy are we behind !) so whilst I know quite alot about MH, I know very
little about P.C`s.

Is it possible to get hold of eg. one decent ballast to run say 3 X 55 Watt
(assuming they come in this size) Power Compact bulbs ? Do the bulbs come in
the 5500-6500 K range, if so, who makes them ? I know they are much more
efficient than MH.

Basically, should I be able to pop down to my local commercial lighting
supplier & order 1 X Ballast & 3 X 55 P.C`s (6500K) at a reasonable price ?

Andy Moore  -  (andy at ascot_u-net.com)
Poulton-le-Fylde, Nr Blackpool
Lancashire. England

Treasurer/BBb Tuba Player Poulton-le-Fylde Brass Band
and Aquatic Plant/Discus collector

http://www.ascot.u-net.com/home/Band.htm