Filamentious Algae

I was wondering if someone could do me a favor and look at the following picture and
give me a heads up on whether it is algae or something else all together.  It
originally came into my tank with some Java Moss and I have been thinking it was Java
moss.  It is very possible that this is algae that just arrived with the Java moss
and it isn't related at all.  I let it grow and florish without disturbing it and
after a few weeks, I took a picture of it and tried my best to remove it.

http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/sword/3/Aquarium/Graphics/07-07-99/29Gallon/Algae01.jpg

Thanks for any help,

Jennifer Glover
Waldorf, MD, USA