Re: Favorite fluorescents

>Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:25:20 -0500
>From: Thomas Fischer <TFischer at primediasi_com>
>
>Setting aside questions of lux, Kelvin output, PAR, etc., etc., I'd be very
>interested to know what list members' favorite fluorescent tubes are from a
>purely aesthetic point of view. Which tubes make your plants and fish _look_
>best?

We have settled on half Penn Plax Ultra Tri-Lux and half Triton bulbs.
Great intensity and great color rendition. They also allow true-color
photos using normal Daylight film.

They are the most intense of the Normal Output (NO) bulbs I've personally
tested so we only need about 1.6 watts per gallon when we use them. Our two
100 gallon tanks have two of each (four bulbs per tank) and can grow about
anything including light loving foreground plants (in a 22" deep tank).

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  NEW! 7/19/99: Complete On-line Aquascping seminar. More good stuff to come!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/