Re: 6500K cool daylight tubes

>Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:55:07 +0800
>From: Alfred Heng <alheng at pacific_net.sg>
>
>I was just wondering about the different tubes available on the market.  I
>saw some 6500K cool daylight tubes in the store the otherday.  Are these
>any good?  They probably put out enough light to grow plants, but what
>about the colour output?

I like PennPlax Ultra Tri-Lux bulbs and have measured their color temp at
6500K. They produce good color rendition so if the "6500K" rating on your
bulb is accurate, they should be pretty good.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  NEW! 7/19/99: Complete On-line Aquascping seminar. More good stuff to come!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/