Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1165

> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:55:07 +0800
> From: Alfred Heng <alheng at pacific_net.sg>
> Subject: 6500K cool daylight tubes
>
> I was just wondering about the different tubes available on the market.  I
> saw some 6500K cool daylight tubes in the store the otherday.  Are these
> any good?  They probably put out enough light to grow plants, but what
> about the colour output?

The GE Daylight Ultra and Philips Ultralume are the off the shelf bulbs
that I use on my 75G tank, and I get GREAT plant growth.  3 40W bulbs on a
75G tank.  I mix the 2 for the heck of it...

| Curtis V. Shambeau  |  curt at execpc_com  |  http://www.execpc.com/~curt |
|    Senior Vice President - Exec-PC, Inc. - A Voyager.net company       |