Re: KATI / ANI vs. RO / DI

Bob DIxon wrote:

> The PO4 ions, while floating around in the water free of any attachments, is
> still associated with some cation of some sort, be it Ca, Mg, Fe, whatever.
> The PO4 ions will be replaced by the ANI unit with OH- ions.  Then suddenly
> you have all these hydroxides floating around, and your pH will go way up, as
> your water becomes more base.  The KATI unit will replace the cations with H+
> ions, the majority of which will then "hunt down" the majority of the OH-

I am getting the feeling that KATI is a great solution for people with hard
and alkaline water.  KATI will replace the calcium and magnesium ions with
H+ and the H+ will neutralize the carbonate in the water to reduce pH and
produce CO2.  And the KATI is rechargable with HCl, which is commonly
available.  And there is no waste water.

This sounds too good to be true.  Is there a catch?

Louis Lin

--
Louis Lin                         lhclin at aw_sgi.com
"I like my spaghetti soft and chewy outside, crispy