Re: Chloramine

>From: IDMiamiBob at aol_com
>Subject: Re: Chloramine
>
>James Purchase writes:
>
><snip> I'm
> >  almost certain that they use chloramine to treat the source water,
> with the
> >  levels rising in summer to "smelly" proportions (sometimes the tap water
> >  smells like a swimming pool).
>
>I'd can't say that I know, but I doubt that chloramine smells like a swimming
>pool.  That swimming pool smell is caused by chlorine gassing off.

I asked the San Diego water department a few years ago, and they told me
that one month in the summer each year they add plain chlorine instead of
the usual chloramine to the water.  This perhaps explains the summer water
smell.

Hoa

Hoa G. Nguyen
Freshwater Planted Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/