Re: T-8 lighting

Chris Ferrel wrote:

> The archives are somewhat thin on the t-8 lighting suggestions.

In the general lighting market, "T-8" usually refers to the 32 watt
high-efficiency lights.  The only 32 watt T-8 lights I've seen have been
replacements for cool-whites, and produce a similar quality of light.
There is little choice, so not much reason for discussion.

In the aquarium specialty market we've had 40 watt T-8 bulbs for a long
time.  These are interchangeable with 40 watt T-12 bulbs of similar design
so there's no call for a separate discussion of the T-8s.

Roger Miller