aquababies controversey

I am curious of peoples reaction on this list to the growing controversey and movement
on the internet to ban the sale of "Aquababies", an unbelievable 4" cube aquarium with
no filtration or water changes.

The manufacturer claims;;

""Water changes are seldom necessary. (3-4 times a year) Use only bottled water. The
tank only needs to be cleaned when the water becomes cloudy and/or there is debris
covering the rocks, plants or tank. Use only bottled spring water at room temperature
for your aquarium. Feed the fish only a small pinch of food once daily or every other
day through the hole in the top using the tip of a toothpick. Your fish need very
little food to sustain them. They can be fed daily or every other day and can easily
be left for a weekend without food."

Goes on to say, "Most of the fish we use have a one to two-year life span and will not
get any larger than 1-4" long." (thats one to 4!! in a 4" cube!!!!!)
(According to the website the fish which may be included are Guppies, Swordtails,
Danios, Barbs, and White Cloud as well as Rosy Minnows. In some instances a Dwarf
African Clawed Frog is included.)

Horrified yet?!

RedKat of the well known RedKats Goldfish page is heading a letter writing effort to
the manufacturer and all known stores that carry this product. For more information go
http://www.rk2000.com/boycott/aquababies.html

Web sites supporting this effort include:
 http://www.aquariacentral.com/     http://members.tripod.com/~GuppyGal/guppies.html
 HTTP://members.tripod.com/~Boeing_Dude/abuse.html
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/1943/   http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2259/
 http://www.gfn.org/gfac/neptune/  and soon my site, Aqua Botanic.

Regards,

Robert H