Re: Bent Glass

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Hoa Nguyen wrote:

> >From: "Shannon Wheeler" <swheeler at tnc_ab.ca>
> >Subject: Re: Bent Glass
> >
> >http://www.nwcatalog.com/flyingfish/lead.htm
>
> Amazing tanks!  I am puzzled though.  How can the water and fish stay in
> the tubes above the tank (in the Escher, King Arthur and Sentinel
> tanks)?  Is the tank top sealed tight?  If not, the only way I can see this
> happening is that the tubes are in series with a pump.  But how would the
> fish get in there then?  Has anyone seen one of these tanks?

At the top of all the little tubes that would normally have an air bubble,
there's an airline tap (just like the ones they use in the stores to tap
1/8" tubing to the big PVC manifold supplying the main air to their
tanks).  The valve is unscrewed, the air sucked out, and the valve
reclosed, just like starting a siphon.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson