heat and dying fish

 Kelly <> wrote: <<<<heat and dying fish
(..)my tank reads very high 80's--usually kept no higher
than 80.  In the last 2 weeks, I have lost 3 of my 4 clown loaches and 2
corys--no other type of fish.  Are these types affected by the heat
moreso than the tetra-types? or do I have something else going on?  I
have put in frozen water bottles, but in a tank that size, its a drop in
the bucket.>>>>>

While most corys do not do well in the mid-upper '80s,clown  loaches
should take it with no problem. So, chances are that there is something
else going on. Observe the fishes very carefully for a while to see if there
is any abnormal symptom that might help to clarify the situation, but do
not rush into administering medications unless you have some
hypothesis to work on. Good luck

Dionigi Maladorno
dionigi.maladorno at roche_com