Re: java moss

David comments on the beautiful WEED:
> From: boukmn at mindspring_com
> Subject: RE:Java weeds!? GIMME SOME!!
> Third:What are your tank conditions that allow you to grow this glorious
> moss in such abundance?
David, I've found it defies most plant growing conditions. I have it in
three tanks. Two of them have no CO2. Of those, one is hardly lit,
with 0.75 W/gal. That's the one it goes nuts in. NUTS!! is more like
it. There's about 25ppm NO3, 0.25ppm PO4, 6 GH, 1 KH, no
PMDD, and a plain 5 yr/old gravel bed. It grows long, stringy pieces
and roots to everything it touchs. My fish are constantly pulling
pieces free and they get caugh up in my intake. Sometimes I pull
out a small handful a day. It never stops. In the *real* planted tanks
(the other two), it grows at a steady rate, but not as fast as the
NUTS tank. I've given away about all my reserves in the last month
or two. Sorry. But, if you do get any, I find the low tech method
does best.

Jamie

Jamie Johnson
Greenwood, SC