Re: Banana plant

Roger Miller wrote:

> Johan Henckens wrote:
> > Also what would be the proper way to propagate this plant?
>
> I hope someone else will answer that, because I can't.

I don't know if this always works, but it worked once for me.  I read about
it in the APD archives.

Wait a few days for the floating leaf to develop, then cut it off leaving a
foot or two of stem dangling.  Leave the cut off leaf in the tank.  After a
week or two it will start sprouting "bananas" and roots where it was cut off.
At least that's what happened to me the one time I tried it.

Good luck,

John