Re: Drilling a tank stand

Alfred Heng wrote:
>I currently have a 60 gal on a metal stand.  What I am thinking of doing is
>covering the sides and adding doors to it, but the only way to attach the
>plywood would be to drill the stand.   Has anyone tried doing this?  What
>was the effect of the vibrations on the fish.  Is there another way to do
>this?
>
>Alfred

I would not drill the stand. Drilling the stand would probably seriously
damage the structural integrity.

I built a base around an existing metal stand by building a free standing
wooden structure around the existing stand made out of 2x4's. I attached
the outer (visible wood) to this structure. It is easy to do if you are
handy with wood working tools.

Augustine Rodriguez
Rice Lake, WI, USA