Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1124

>BTW, folks.  I'm not killing the otos in my 1 gallon plant tank
>anymore.  They are very happy now and have been enjoying themselves for a
>while.  The problem turned out to be the Betta splenden.  He harrassed
>the
>other otos, kept them from doing their job, and probably stressed them to
>death.  Removing him and everyone else was happy and the tank became much
>cleaner, the plants much healthier!

Hoa

I had 3 otos and a male betta in my 5 1/2 gal. here at work and he never
bothered them. I have a really thick strand of crystal val in half of the
tank that the otos hide in and I also put a mirrored back on the tank. The
betta spent so much time worrying about his reflection he never bothered
the otos.

       Gerry Skau
       ANS BigDial Engineering

       Those who are faithless know the pleasures of love, it is the
       faithful who know love's tragedies.
         - Oscar Wilde