Solder and teflon tape

like most arguements, this one has so many facets it is easy to justify
almost anything.  When one is dealing with the National Electrical Code it
becomes even easier to obfuscate.

Solder is not meant to be a conductor.  it is a means to secure a mechanical
fastening.     CURRENT SHOULD NOT FLOW THROUGH SOLDER AS A CONDUCTOR.   There
are no restrictions on voltage or type of currents that solder may or may not
be used on.  There are applications in which solder is not advisable due to
physical properties.  (dont believe me, I have only been an electronic tech
for 33 years so far.  call your local electrical inspector but you can get 13
different opinions from 3 or 4 of them!!)

Teflon tape is NOT banned from the natural gas industry (white or otherwise).
 It is used at high pressures.  (if you dont believe me go ask anyone that
works for a natural gas utility)  (but please dont believe me, I only have 21
years working on a high pressure natural gas pipeline)

NOW can we please get back to plants??? Isnt this subject beat to death
yet??????

Thank you..

Steve