Flowering Echinodorus 'Ozelot'

For the past couple of weeks my Ozelot has been sticking out of the water.
The flower stalk has 4 nodes with 3 buds per node, and it is starting to
show little white flowers. On the growth tip, you know the top bud, it is
starting to grow some little leafs. My questions are:
Will this new growth on the top turn into a little plant like some of the
other Echinodorus I have seen?
How long should I let this stalk grow before I cut it?
Is it kind of rare for this plant to be flowering?
Thanks in advance.

Ryan Stover