Plant ID help needed

At our last aquarium society meeting, a man was leaving town and
auctioned off all of his plants and fish. He didn't know the names
of all of his plants. There was one plant that I found to be very
unique and interesting so I bought it. The only problem is that I
haven't been able to figure out what it is. I'm hoping that some
APD list members can help. The bag had 2 plants, one was very small
and the other was more mature. I put the small one in our 75G and the
big one in our 37G. Both had tubers. The general shape of the leaves
is similar to a submersed Amazon Sword plant. But it is a lighter shade
of green and the texture is more delicate. As the leaves grow
bigger(they're probably 12 inches on the mature plant), they tend to
become ruffled around the edges. Also, near the edges of the leaves,
are small rectangular black spots. It's almost a checkboard pattern.
Like I said, this pattern is only by the leaf edges and it's not
contiguous. Much of the leaf edge is just the normal light green.
The mature plant also had some unique leaves, each attached to a long
flexible stem, kind of like a leaf attached to a green string. These
leaves float of the surface. Just yesterday, I noticed that the mature
plant sent up what looks like a flower stock. It hasn't bloomed yet
so I don't know what the flower looks like.

My 2 tanks both have injected CO2, approximately 2 watts/gallon,
PH 6.7 - 7.0, Karl Schoeler's Substrate Gold, and Tropica Mastergrow.
I also supplement the water with KNO3 twice a week. In both tanks,
this plant is thriving. I've searched my books and all over the
internet but I haven't been able to possitively ID it. My best guess
is that it's some kind of Aponogeton but I don't know which one. It
looks similar to the picture of Aponogeton Elongatus that I found at
http://www.obbit.se/~joulun/vaxter/apo_elo.html. The only problem was
that the picture was very tiny, thus the checkerboard pattern was not
visible(if it even existed) and the description was in a foreign
language which I don't understand. It also didn't show the "leaves on
a green string".

Does anyone have an idea what this plant is ?

	Keith Woestehoff
	AGA
	SCAS