Re: Leak detection (was APD V3 #1112

Hello Patrick,

The standard way to check gas lines for leaks is with a soapy solution.
You wet the area suspected of leaking and the leaking gas will form
bubbles in the soapy water. Sometimes the bubbles are hard to see, so
patience and a keen eye are a must.

The most probable leakage point is on the high pressure side, between
the cylinder and the regulator or regulator/hose connection. Usually
they are far enough from the tank, so that you will not get the soap
into your tank.

Of course, there is a commercial liquid product made for that purpose.
It is called "leak-detector" or something like that. Your gas supplier
might have it. It works muuuuch better than soapy water.

Best,

George