Guppies & Plants

I  have been lurking and learning in the background for awhile and want to
say that this site has been extremely helpful. Most of the comments are very
intellegent and thoughful. So THANK YOU to the group who take the time to
answer all the questions that are asked of you. I am also impress with the
international mix of people that are on this list, this is truly a global
list.

Now after all that butter here is the bread!

I have just recently started to raise and breed  show  guppies. What I would
like to do is not have such a sterile tanks as seems to be the norm in the
breeder circles of guppies. Most breeder keep their tanks empty, except for a
box filter with marbles & floss. Althought I love the site of my half black
yellow guppies, I miss having plants and other natural items in the tank.

My questions are what common plants will tolerate salted water (1tbs per 5
gallons)? Most of the plants I have tried (hygrophlia, Frill and others) seem
to melt. Are there any plants that will tolerate salted water and give cover
to the babies from a hungry mother? Is Ricca or Java moss a good choice, I
have not tried them yet. How would you recommend planting in small pots? Any
other suggestions on how to raise guppies in a more natural/planted tank
would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help and consideration. I also want to say the
AQUATIC PLANT PEOPLE ARE GREAT.

Sincerely,
RAY