Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1112

In a message dated 6/25/99 3:50:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< 10 to 14 bags should be plenty for a 120 gallon tank.
 The main difference is the root growth and the roots tend to grow INTO the
 Flourite  >>

I couldn't believe that the difference was flourite, but my amazon swords
grew to more than 100 leaves and were more than 18 inches in diameter with a
two inch diameter root ball.  I had three plants.  I needed to rearrange the
tank and so I had to pull them out of the gravel.  When I planted them in
different spots, they suddenly sprouted baby plants.  It was unbelievable.
The runners just kept growing and growing until I had at least 18 new plants
growing on a runner from each of the three originals.  I cut off the runners
and sold the initial plants (I had to make room).  Then I planted each of the
other 50+ plants (they are now getting quite large).  But the best part is I
only used two bags of flourite (that is all I could find when I set up the
tank) for a 120 gallon tank.  Can it still be the flourite?  I do use VHO
lites, but no CO2 as the pH is nearly 4.3.  How long does the flourite effect
last?  I would hate to rip the tank apart and redo it.  Thanks.